Sunday, May 30, 2010

Point.



I think I started this blog for all the wrong reasons. However, it's stuck with me for all the right reasons.

Just like all the new people, existing people, and people who have left my life I've learned from my reasons. I've met people recently that have challenged who I am- in all the right ways. They make me go in to annoyingly agonizing detail about why I've made a decision, or why I think the way I think. It's hard when it's happening, but I appreciate it so much after because it's helped me more than I've thought. Just from them wanting to know about how my mind works I've been able to figure it out myself. I am so amazingly comfortable with who I am and how I got here and how my brain works that it is ridiculous.

My friends and family who have stuck by me, with me and stuck up for me are the best. I couldn't ask for a better group of people. My true friends are the ones who say "I've got your back" and they mean it and have shown it. I am so very fortunate.

I've had people leave my life because of unseen circumstances or disagreements- and thats okay. Some days its tough when a memory comes to mind that I haven't thought of in God knows how long but I am more than okay. I am at ease and am comforted by the memories more than I am hurt by them. Some people have left my life and I don't even speak to them anymore, and it's strange to see them (whether on the internet, in person, or in an old memory hidden in a box under my bed) and know that once upon a time we shared an experience.

Regardless of the people who have come and gone, I have the people who have stayed. Who have stuck it out with me when I've gone crazy, I've hit rock bottom or when I just can't take it anymore. I've been truly blessed with a "family" (family, friends, friends of friends) unlike any other and it's amazing. It's eye-opening, its an adventure and I wouldn't change any choices I've made that have brought me to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment